Fraudsters are constantly innovating new ways to scam you out of your money.
Please read this to stay safe.
Loan scammers pretending to be from Atlas and providing fake atlas email addresses are sending messages and leaving posts offering instant loans at low-interest rates for a small advance fee. These scammers utilize similar tactics to the scammers employing lottery scams. To add legitimacy to the offers, the scammers will at times impersonate government agencies or authorities. To help protect yourself from scams, watch out for the following:
- People you don’t know or any person asking you for money
- People asking you for advance fees to receive a loan, prize or other winnings
- People asking you to move your conversation off Facebook (typically another messaging service)
- Messages or posts with poor spelling and grammatical mistakes
- People or Pages claiming to represent large companies or organizations, particularly those who are not verified
HOW TO REPORT A POST ON FACEBOOK:
- Click in the top right of the post
- Click Report post or Report photo
- Select the option that best describes the issue and follow the on-screen instructions